Math and Spelling Bee
Hosted by Leeton Elementary
On Friday, April 5th, an Academic Bee will be held at Leeton Elementary School. Chilhowee has been invited to participate. The Bee will be held beginning at 4:30 p.m.
Here are the details of the Bee:
1. Each school may send up to three students per grade to participate in the Spelling and Math Bee. These events will run simultaneously, which means students may not participate in both the Spelling Bee and the Math Bee.
2. Students participating in the Math Bee will take a grade level appropriate timed math test. Students will be ranked based on percent completed correctly and their completion time. Time limits are as follows:
a. 3rd-5th grades: 30-minute time-limit
b. 6th-8th grades: 45-minute time-limit
3. Medals will be awarded for the top three places in each event and at each grade level.
4. We will have a short awards assembly at the conclusion of all events to announce all grade level winners as well as the overall school champion. 5. A small snack stand will be available during the event.
How can my child attend?
Mrs. Dillon will be serving as the school sponsor for this event. If you have questions please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 660-678-4511.
- Ask your child if they are interested in participating.
- Have your child decide if they want to participate in Spelling or Math, they can only choose one.
- Let Mrs. Dillon know your child is interested in participating by Monday, March 4th. Just send Mrs. Dillon an email, call her, or send a note with your child.
- If we have more than three students per grade level that want to participate in a subject, Mrs. Dillon will hold a simple math and spelling quiz to determine who will go.
- A final permission slip will be sent home prior to April 5th with any additional details.
****Note: This Bee has no impact or connection to the annual spelling bee in May. Students participation in this Bee will in no way impact their participation in the May Bee.
Who can participate?
Spelling: 1st-8th Grades
Math: 3rd-8th Grades