Red Ribbon Week will be celebrated here in Chilhowee for our K-6 students next week, October 29th-November 2nd.
The theme we will be using is, Live Your Life With Pride. Students are encouraged to wear red daily. Each day students will be given a small treat for wearing red. Elementary students will be given the opportunity to help create a large red ribbon in the school hall and decorate their own ribbons to help show the reason they are proud to be drug free. Students will also be given an activity packet which includes information about the reason behind Red Ribbon Week.
Below is information for all students K-12 that have an interest in helping create the nation wide theme for next year. If your student wishes to participate and you need help with submitting their entry please contact Mrs. Dillon for assistance.
ENTER THE 2019 RED RIBBON THEME CONTEST TODAY
Send us your ideas for the 2019 Red Ribbon Theme Contest today for a chance to win $500 in Red Ribbon Theme Merchandise in 2019.
- Entries must be received by December 1, 2018 at 11:59pm (EST), via email to email@example.com or via mail to National Family Partnership, 2490 Coral Way, Floor 3, Miami, FL 33145. Please include your name, school, telephone number and email address. Winners will be announced on or before February 4th, 2019.
- All entries become property of the National Family Partnership. Note: NFP reserves the right to select the theme or design from one submission and match it with another submitted theme or design. In that case, there will be two contest winners.
- Entries should include a Red Ribbon in the design. The actual ribbon should be a double looped ribbon or bow, as opposed to a single loop. (please refer to Red Ribbon logo on www.redribbon.org/downloads)
- Red Ribbon Week is celebrated in schools across America, where banners and signs are hung from marquees and fences. Whatever the theme or design you create should fit well within that context.
- Themes should be brief and as catchy as possible. This year's theme is "Life Is Your Journey. Travel Drug Free." Last year's theme was "Your Future Is Key, So Stay Drug Free." Other recent theme slogans include "YOLO. Be Drug Free.", "Love Yourself. Be Drug Free.", "A Healthy Me Is Drug Free.", "The Best Me Is Drug Free," “It's Up To Me To Be Drug Free," "100% Me Drug Free,” “Look At Me I’m Drug Free” and “Drug Free Is The Key.”
- While the red ribbon should be prominently featured in the design, don’t be afraid to use other colors, as well.