August 16, 2018
The Board of Education met for the public tax rate hearing and the regular meeting last night, August 15, 2018. The tax rate information was presented showing that the district assessed valuation increased from last year. This increase would generate $18,483. The tax levy was calculated at $5.3628 per $100 of assessed valuation. This would allow the district to generate $552,596 in revenue. The district will place $1.50 of the levy into Fund 4 which can be used toward the building project and $3.8628 into Fund 1 which can be used for general operations.
Mr. Marnholtz shared the financial information with the board. The district started July with $1,604,513. During the month $95,452 was received in revenue while $138,343 was expended. The district ended the month of July with $1,561,621. The consent agenda items were discussed then approved which included approving the previous minutes, paying the bills, and the substitute list.
The building project was discussed with the board during old business. The project interior work was substantially complete and the punch list items were shared. The final part of the interior work will be the install of the attendance window, which is on order and being manufactured. The other items were minor items to finish the final work. The timeline for the exterior work was given to the board. The exterior portion of the building is projected to be roughed in and sealed from the weather by October 31st. The projected move in should be in December as long as there are no major delays due to weather.
The actions during new business included:
- The tax rate as approved that was presented during the hearing. This will allow for funds to be placed into the capital project fund (Fund 4) for building completion.
- The tuition rate for the district for non-resident students was approved. The rate was set at $5,831 for the year, which is billed per semester and has to be paid prior to enrollment of the non-resident student.
- The Annual Secretary of the Board Report for DESE was approved. The report was submitted after the auditor recommended final adjustments.
- The program coordinators for the district were approved. The list of coordinators can be obtained from the superintendent’s office.
- The special education compliance plan for the district was approved. The district uses the DESE model plan.
- The Board approved a resolution to incorporate signatures onto all previous board policies. A court case in January of 2018 interpreted Missouri Statute to require all board policies to be signed by the Board President and Attested by the Board Secretary. This resolution meets that requirement for all previously approved policies.
- Board Policy BBFA was readopted by the board to meet the requirement of the board adopting a conflict of interest policy on even number years for the board members and financial officer.
The board held executive session to discuss personnel. The board voted during executive session to approve Chelcie Anderson as the FB cheer sponsor, Mathew Malkey as the assistant football coach, and Tonia Coulter as cook for the 2018-2019 school year.
The next board meeting is scheduled for Wednesday September 19, 2018 at 7:00 pm in Room 101.