The board of education held its regular meeting last night immediately following the tax rate hearing. During the meeting the board heard the financial update from Mr. Marnholtz. The district started July with $900,046.84 in reserves. The district received $88,329.90 while expending $76,566.77 leaving in reserves $911,809.97.
The board approved the consent agenda to pay the monthly bills, approve the substitutes, and to approve the price lock and lease agreement with Pinnacle Propane. Mr. Murphy provided the principal's report updating the board on the building kick off activities as well as showing a PLC video to the board on what the staff will be working on this coming year. Mr. Marnholtz updated the board on the progress of the upcoming projects for the building and the legislative changes that have occurred after Governor Parson signed some of the legislation that affected schools.
The board handled the new business which included:
1. Set the tuition rate. The board approved setting the tuition at $5825 per year. The tuition would have to be paid before enrollment occurs and can be paid per semester.
2. The board set the tax rate. The board heard during the hearing how the tax rate was effected by last years tax levy. Based on the calculations, the board approved the tax rate ceiling amount of $5.3663 per $100 of assessed valuation.
3. The board approved the program coordinators for the 19-20 school year. The coordinators are: Homeless, Migrant Education, Gifted = Mr. Joe Murphy; English Limited Language = Mrs. Vicki Pierce; Parents as Teachers, Federal Programs, Safety Coordinatore = Mr. Troy Marnholtz; 504 plans =Mrs. Stacy Rusche.
4. The board approved the DESE model compliance plan for special education as the local compliance plan.
5. The board approved updates to policies, BCC, DFA, DH, DI, EBBA, GBCB, GCL, JGGA, JHC, JHCD, KK as well as adding new policy GBCCB. These policy updates will be available soon on the website or are available for viewing at the district office.
6. The board approved the 2018-2019 Annual Secretary of the Board Report (ASBR). The report has to be filed with the DESE.
The board moved to an executive session per RSMo 610.021, (3) (6) (1) (2).
The meeting was adjourned at 8:58 pm.